View Single Post

Thread: Spiderblood Assassin [3.5e Class][PEACH]

1. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: Spiderblood Assassin [PF Class][PEACH]

Thank you again for replying to my post.

The reason that I suggested the web parachute is that some spiders do that in real life. Also, Wizards get the Fly spell at level 5, and Sorcerers get it at level 6. The web slinging allows travel through some areas better than others. By allowing the SB Assassin the ability to make a sort of kite made out of web, they can get through places like forests much easier, and can be combined with the web slinging to keep them going. Maybe you could have it so that, if you have Silk Weaving, if you reach level 5 or you get the Technique after level 5, you can use the kite to glide to help keep up with those flying wizards.

Also, how exactly would it be overpowered to have the sneak attack and skill points progress at the same rate as a ninja or rogue?

About Weapon Finesse, my group has it so that it is also used for damage.

Also, you are already giving the SB Assassin a bonus feat, you could just give them options for them to choose from where they must meet the requirements and they have to be on the list, also it would be nice to have the ability to exchange it for a Technique, not an Advanced Technique of course, just a regular one. Also, need I mention the fact that a Fighter gets 11 bonus feet, I mean sure they don't get many abilities, but it still helps make them a lot stronger if done right.

I suggest having it so that spiders start off neutral or unfriendly towards the SB Assassin if that spider is normally hostile to make it possible to talk to and befriend the spider.

Also, about using web to get onto a wall, it's based on Spiderman, mostly a memory of one of the games where, in one level, you have to get pass laser sensors, and to do that you use web to go from one wall to another without touching the sensors, and when you get to the wall, you stay on the wall. It's like Spiderman using webslinging to go from building to building and being able to just stop and hang out on the side of a building, I mean, he doesn't fall off, now does he?

May I also suggest adding some Weapon Proficiencies (like katanas and wakizashis) because Ninjas ended up making the Rogue class seem much less useful, especially with all their weapon proficiencies.

Also, how about the ability to use Silk Weaving to, let's say, grab a bomb that is near an ally with a strand of web, and send it flying off behind you. Also, how about using your web to disarm an enemy by using it to grab their weapon. How about using your web powers to pin an enemy to the ground or to a tree.

Also, I think that the ability to bring back the spider web that you make would be useful (using the web to descend from the ceiling, stab a guard, and then have the web recede so that your on the ceiling again).

How about the ability to have the web be held by your feet when you stop moving downward, but when you do move upward/downward, you have to use your hands? (so that an SB Assassin could just come down, break a guards' neck, and come back up, could be explained by having that part of the web be sticky)

You just know that people will be refering to the Sense of the Hunter Technique as their "spidey senses tingling." Well, that is until the GM has a rock fall on them...

For Grip of the Spider, did I read this right, you can walk on walls and across ceilings using only your feet? Heck yeah. *stands on wall, uses Oil of Silence on a rifle, and shoots a guard* Was I reading it right though?

I suggest that you set this class as an alternate class for Rogue (like Ninja is) so that players can take levels in SB Assassin or Rogue or Ninja, but only one of those three, not two of them or all three.

Also, how are there not more people commenting on this class?
    Last edited by masterstalker2; 2012-04-18 at 09:23 PM.