View Single Post

Thread: "Common Sense" approach to rules (RACSD)

1. - Top - End - #28
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: "Common Sense" approach to rules (RACSD)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtagon View Post
    10. Anything Can Be Armour: Since padded armour is essentially just a very thick quilted jacket, it follows that an normal light suit of clothing could likewise be considered "armour". Such armour provides no special armour protection, skill check penalty, or Dexterity bonus limit. However, it can be enchanted as if it were armour, provided it is made as masterwork.
    I believe this is already the case as per the Magic Item Compendium. Costs the same as bracers of armor, if I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar
    The reason for this is that there seems to be a lot of confusion with regards to the phrase in the monk class "There is no such thing as an offhand attack for a monk striking unarmed."
    It IS redundant, but I think it's there to point out the difference between Flurry of Blows and two-weapon-fighting. Unarmed strike is technically one weapon, not two, despite that you can interchange body parts.

Also keep in mind that a monk can use flurry AND 2-weapon fighting, so it clarifies that your unarmed attacks always deal Str bonus damage, not 1/2 str bonus.
    Last edited by prufock; 2012-04-20 at 03:29 PM.