QUOTE=erikun

And now, for the new recommendations:

Rule 0xx: My Weapon is My Shield!
Page 125 in the Player's Handbook: You can bash an opponent with a light shield or heavy shield, using it as a standard weapon or an off-hand weapon with two-weapon fighting.

Logic: To eliminate the question of why you cannot simply pick up a shield and hit someone in the face with it.

I'm not sure what you are saying here.

Rule 0xx: Animate Alignment Debate
Page 198 in the Player's Handbook (and elsewhere): Animate Dead and related spells do not automatically have the [Evil] descriptor. They are only [Evil] spells when creating evil undead.

Summon Undead and related spell do not automatically have the [Evil] descriptor. They are only [Evil] spells when summoning evil undead.

Logic: It kills most of the undead/alignment debates, and allows the spell to be more setting-specific. Please note that most undead created or summoned by the spells are evil by default, meaning the spells will end up being [Evil] by standard rules regardless.

Disagree. While this is probably a sensible move, it seems to me to be a house rule rather than a clarification.

Rule 0xx: Death Watches no Evil
Page 217 in the Player's Handbook: The Deathwatch spell does not have the [Evil] descriptor.

Logic: There is nothing evil about the spell, and it appears on at least one only-good spell list.

Agree

Rule 0xx: Positive Drawbacks to Undead
From here: Fast healing granted by a Positive-Dominant plane lowers HP rather than increasing it for undead. The loss of HP may not be prevented or mitigated by any means.

Logic: Undead being the best capable of surviving in positive energy is just silly. Awkward wording, I know, but "taking damage" is so easy to prevent or become immune to.

Agree

Rule 0xx: Enchanting Enhanced Projectiles
For magical enhancements that produce benefits unrelated to attacking with the weapon, the bulk of the ammunition must be present to give the benefit.

Logic: This is to prevent characters from buying +5 defending shuriken for 1440g, or ten manifester arrows for an additional 50 PP.

It would actually make more sense to ban such enhancements from ammunition, otherwise, you open yourself to cheesy players having a dozen quivers in their packs full of half-used batches of magical arrows.

Rule 0xx: Swordsaging in Leather or No
Page 16 in Tome of Battle: Starting at 2nd level, you can add your Wisdom modifier as a bonus to Armor Class, so long as you wear light armor or no armor, are unencumbered, and do not use a shield. This ability does not stack with the monk's AC bonus ability, or similar abilities.

Logic: There is no reason that the Swordsage would be unable to dodge just as well without light armor as with. The ability should not stack with a monk's ability, as well.

Agree