View Single Post

Thread: Cakeworld

1. - Top - End - #10
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Cakeworld

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Doesn't look much like a cake to me... On the other hand, I'm not sure what it does look like. Maybe a French macaron?
    Whatever it is, it makes me hungry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    As for ecology: could it be that not every part of the cake is stable? As in, at some places the surface has little or no crust to seperate it from the hot inner layers, leaving a utterly inhospitable chunk of land of lifeless land?
    There are thin spots and similar that allow for volcanoes and the like away from the very centre. I have also got one continent in particular that definitely falls under the category of "inhospitable chunk of lifeless land", but for another reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    Perhapes creatures have developted to adapt to the structure: Great serpents lay ther very durable eggs at the Rim only to have them be scattered vie the Bores, creating seasons where foot-long meaty tubes can be scooped up by the hundreds. This could be a time in which primitive cultures can partake in a salmon-like collecting season, which might be interesting. Over time, these small "Bore Worms" make there way down to the ends of the cake, in which they breed like there forfathers did while packing on the pounds. Hence, the young and tasty Bore Worms become the mighty Rim Wyrms, able to hunt both whale, men, and younger Rim Wyrms.
    I haven't thought about things like that, but I quite like that idea for something like that which uses the planet's cycles for their lifecycles. Whatever it is, it would have to be able to withstand very hot temperatures when young and very cold temperatures when mature, and their eggs would have to withstand first very cold and then very hot temperatures.
    Anyone fancy statting me up a Cakeworld Seaserpent?
    Last edited by Serpentine; 2012-04-23 at 05:26 PM.