Quote Originally Posted by Maeglin_Dubh View Post
Be that as it may, it's not something you tell the woman in question without malicious intent.

My most recent ex left me in all sorts of turmoil. We started dating the end of April last year, and with that time coming around again I'm remembering what I currently consider the happiest time of my life. And the fact that I don't currently see any realistic chance of reclaiming that way of life, or anything like it.

But I'll be damned before I tell her that. Her knowing that wouldn't make her life any better, and it won't make my life any better. And I couldn't stand to make her life worse, not for anything.
Ehh, I don't think it would always be done with malicious intent. It might be done with the intent of conveying exactly how much they really meant to you. I did that once, in the hopes we could get back together again...and it worked. She said she didn't realize I cared about her that much. Of course it didn't work out in the long run, but still, there's no reason it might not work out for someone else.