View Single Post

Thread: Which adventure sounds more fun?

1. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Which adventure sounds more fun?

Quote Originally Posted by Averis Vol View Post
    there's A LOT of room for shenanigans if you give seven people a week in game to set up defenses.
    Now that's a scary thought. I've never played with this entire group before, but I know 3 or 4 of the 7 to be adept at the art of the shenanigan. Maybe it would be better to stick to an adventure with less built in prep time.
    but you know your group better then we do, that being said, any insight on your friends play style?
    It's a pretty diverse group, though I've never played with all seven of these guys at once (and one is a brand new player). You've got two or three I'd definitely peg as "true" roleplayers, one who's largely in it for the combat (and has repeatedly said that he misses his chaotic insane dwarf barbarian from our last campaign ) and a couple who could go either way depending on the scenario. We tend to have lots of side talking and digressions, which I'm trying to cut down on for this big a group (if we don't focus, this adventure will end approximately 30 ft from where it started.) They're mostly smart players, savvy enough not to rush into anything without at least a basic plan. While almost all of these guys have had their share of zany schemes, they can also focus and take the game quite seriously if I can give them something worth focusing on.

I don't know what most of the characters involved will be yet besides the the guidelines I gave them (basically be level 6, 32 point buy, any class and please don't intentionally break the game.)
    Last edited by Lord Il Palazzo; 2012-05-02 at 11:29 PM.