View Single Post

Thread: The Breaker (base class) (PEACH)

1. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: The Breaker (base class) (WIP)

English corrections and suggestions in bold. After the bold, I'll include a bit about abilities for dead levels, as per your request.

Quote Originally Posted by Funinyourgame View Post
    The Breaker

Alignment: Any
    Hit Die: 1d10
    Change "1d10" to "d10," since 1d10 implies you get one Hit Die for your entire career as a breaker. That wouldn't be good.

Class Skills:
    Class Skills
    Skill Points at 1st Level: (4 + Int modifier) 4
    Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 4 + Int modifier
    You'll need some class skills. I recommend the following:

Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Listen (Wis), Spot (Wis), Swim (Str), and Tumble (Dex).

It's hard to come up with class skills without fluff, though. Feel free to add more class skills that fit your concept of the class.

Internal Damage:The Breaker train most of its life to strike where you can't see the damage without attacking from behind. Will you use any bludgeoning you can do internal damage that get worst every turn. You chose what is the internal damage from the list below which stack each turn with itself and you can only affect the same creature with a max of 2 internal damage:

Arm breaker:-1/-2/-3/-4 to STR based roll
    Armor crusher:-1/-2/-3/-4 to AC
    Lung punctured:-1d4/-2d4/-2d6/-3d6 HP
    Foot obliterate:-5ft/-10ft/-15ft/-20ft land/swim speed
    Head shot:-1/-2/-3/-4 INT based roll
    Spinal column fragilized:-1/-2/-3/-4 DEX based roll

The internal damage stop after 5 turn at first level and 5 more every 5 level after. Each turn the affected creature must do a fortitude save (DC= 10+sag mod+ class level) to resist the internal damage. Each 5 level after the first, the internal damage up by 1 (already written in the table above (each separate with "/")).
    I'll rewrite this to the best of my ability:

"The Breaker trains most of its life to strike where you can't see it coming--from behind. If the Breaker deals bludgeoning damage, the target suffers from increasingly worse penalties that stack at the end of the Breaker's turn, chosen from the list below:

Arm Breaker: -1/-2/-3/-4 to Str-based rolls.
    Armor Crusher: -1/-2/-3/-4 to AC.
    Lung Puncture: 1d4/2d4/2d6/3d6 damage.
    Foot Obliterate: -5/-10/-15/-20 ft. land/swim speed.
    Head Shot: -1/-2/-3/-4 to Int-based rolls.
    Spinal Column Hit: -1/-2/-3/-4 to Dex-based rolls.

A single creature may only be affected by two effects at the same time. The internal damage stops after five rounds at first level. At 6th level, and at every fifth level after (11th, 16th), the duration increases by five rounds. An affected creature is allowed a Fortitude save of DC 10 + 1/2 class levels + Str modifier to resist the internal damage, stopping the effect from continuing. At the same levels, the internal damage increases, as shown in the list above (the first number shows the penalty at 1st level, the second at 6th level, and so on)."

Hard Hit: You know where it hurt to most and how to strike them. starting at level 5 and every 5th level after, has part has one of your normal attack, you can add a bonus to the DC of "Internal Damage" equal has to one write in the table.
    "You know where it hurts most and how to strike there. Starting at level 5 and every fifth level after, as part of an attack, you add the amount indicated in the table above to the DC of your Internal Damage ability."

Destroyer: If you make a normal attack and it hit the target you can know if it have any kind of DR or hardness and overcome it for the rest of your turn usable 1 time on each creature.
    "If you make an attack and it hits the target, you are able to know and overcome any kind of damage reduction or hardness it has for the rest of your turn. This is usable once per encounter per enemy."

Try Again: If you miss 2 times or more you can make one extra attack with your highest BAB a number of times indicated in the table above.
    "If you miss two or more attacks in a single round, you can make an extra attack at your highest base attack bonus a number of times indicated in the table above."

Physical Repercussion: At 13th level, your attacks are devastating and the body of your enemy wants to stop the pain at any cost. Has part of a normal attack you can activate that ability alone to put a condition on your enemy, each success worsens your enemy condition. You can choose the condition below and only one by creature:

Fatigued/Exhausted/Unconscious
    Sickened/Stunned/Helpless

to prevent it, the affected creature must do a fortitude save (DC=10+SAG mod+ class level), also this ability is count has precision damage for immunity.
    "At 13th level, your attacks are devastating and your enemy's body wants to stop the pain at any cost. As part of an attack, you can exploit this weakness to cause a status condition. Each successful attack made in this way worsens the condition, as shown below:

Fatigued/Exhausted/Unconscious
    Sickened/Stunned/Helpless

To prevent any of these effects, the target must make a Fortitude save of DC 10 + 1/2 class levels + Str modifier. This ability counts as precision damage for the purposes of immunity."

Firstly, I didn't know what to do with "SAG mod," so I made it equal Strength modifier. My first thought was that of "sagacity," but that wouldn't really make sense for this class, bruiser as it is. If Strength doesn't fit your concept, just change it to whatever fits it.

As for the dead levels, I recommend some active abilities. Currently, all you have are features that require attacking and just tacking on an effect to those attacks. The class itself has little depth.

So, suggestions:

• Add fluff or say something about your concept. The class itself gives a vibe of a brutal warrior to me, but it could be a tough tricky class, as well. Fluff will help determine class skills and what abilities fit the class.
    • Add a capstone. There should be a reason to take your class to 20th level. You could have the breaker be able to make a sort of sweep attack where he can hit multiple enemies with Internal Damage or Physical Repercussion, or you could have him able to kill an enemy outright with a saving throw, or multiple enemies, even (with a limit on uses per day or something).
    • Clear up the wording on Internal Damage. I think the penalty is supposed to increase each round, but I'm not sure. Does the penalty increase indefinitely until a save is made? Does it stay after a save is made or does the penalty disappear?

I've not got much inspiration right now for abilities. I'll get back to you if that changes. Good luck.

EDIT: Don't sweat it on the English errors. Learning a language is difficult. I've heard English is one of the hardest to learn. In the meantime, just do your best.
    Last edited by Temotei; 2012-05-06 at 11:14 PM.
    Base Class Contest XXV - Dungeon Plunge-In
    Chat Thread

Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).