Quote Originally Posted by Kyeudo View Post
Yes, which is why probes doing sneaky things inside my base make me paranoid. Those sorts aren't undefeatable, but they are royal pains in the rear. I usually shift my overlord around to make sure he's sighting on that probe.

The forge isn't going to be done until my pool is starting, so I have 15 drones, of which 1 is scouting and 1 makes a brief trip to keep my ramp to keep from getting cannoned. I am also Zerg, so I can devote 100% of my larva to drones if I want and he can't put on any early pressure due to his FFE. I'll take a short dip in my econ since I'll catch right back up in a minute or less.

Once my hatch finishes, there is no way a cannon rush can actually kill anything critical unless I let it. Firstly, because of creep spread quickly making it impossible to place cannons in critical locations. Secondly, because my pool finishes shortly thereafter and I will have spines and a few lings.

That proxy gate nonsense? I only send the drone to patrol the ramp if I see a forge or wierd probe behavior, so to proxy gate me he's gonna be very late with his first zealots. My spines will be up, I will have a queen (now with 5 range!) and some lings, and he'll be stuck with 2 gateways out in the middle of nowhere. I'm fine with that situation.
I was wanting to say something like this. But given that I'm:
1) Still gold
2) Haven't played in a while
and
3) Have not had any opponent do that strat to me
I felt like it would be unfair to try and defend that situation. But I thought that if they put down forge first, pool should be done before gate finishes.