Portugal to Russia [PM]
Spoiler
Show

''We both have suffered in this war, my nation was forced to pay ruinous reparations, for the cowardice of our so-called allies. A war, that could have ended all wars, instead fizzled out to just prepare the stage for the next one, making the hundred thousand we sacrificed in its course into a senseless loss of life. I believe, that you understand the pain of my nation.''

''I think you see what's happening. This peace is like a steam building up in the war strider's engine. Keep it boiling without release long enough and the cauldron will explode. We need to release the tensions, building up, before they grow into something bigger. A conflict at this point can be contained, but given time the web of alliances will ensure, that a slightest provocation would set off the whole continent to explode. So I intend to make my move, if I can ensure, if not support, then at least neutrality of European powers, such as yours.''

''I would propose, that we act on our ambitions and eliminate our opponents one by one. We are on the opposite parts of Europe, so at least geographically, we have the least reason to be enemies. If you could tell me which nations you which to see removed and which would be allied to you, we can arrange to eliminate our opponents, one by one. At the moment, we would object only to an agression against Luxemburg, as we find them useful to our designs.''

Portugal to Roman Empire [10]
Spoiler
Show

''We are aware of your ambitions to restore the Roman Empire. Well, the whole Europe is aware of them. Would you be interested in an alliance, that will see restoration of your territories, if the spoils, namely Hades Pits, are divided equally between us.''