1. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Shrine Warrior, The Other Divine Agent (PEACH)

After a terribly long while, I was able to cook these:

Spellcasting changes
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table=head]
    Table: The Shrine Warrior

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|
    Fort Save
    |
    Ref Save
    |
    Will Save
    |Special

1st|+1|
    +2
    |
    +0
    |
    +2
    |Bonus Feat, Minion

2nd|+2|
    +3
    |
    +0
    |
    +3
    |

3rd|+3|
    +3
    |
    +1
    |
    +3
    |

4th|+4|
    +4
    |
    +1
    |
    +4
    |

5th|+5|
    +4
    |
    +1
    |
    +4
    |Bonus Feat

6th|+6/+1|
    +5
    |
    +2
    |
    +5
    |

7th|+7/+2|
    +5
    |
    +2
    |
    +5
    |

8th|+8/+3|
    +6
    |
    +2
    |
    +6
    |

9th|+9/+4|
    +6
    |
    +3
    |
    +6
    |

10th|+10/+5|
    +7
    |
    +3
    |
    +7
    |Bonus Feat

11th|+11/+6/+1|
    +7
    |
    +3
    |
    +7
    |

12th|+12/+7/+2|
    +8
    |
    +4
    |
    +8
    |

13th|+13/+8/+3|
    +8
    |
    +4
    |
    +8
    |

14th|+14/+9/+4|
    +9
    |
    +4
    |
    +9
    |

15th|+15/+10/+5|
    +9
    |
    +5
    |
    +9
    |Bonus Feat

16th|+16/+11/+6/+1|
    +10
    |
    +5
    |
    +10
    |

17th|+17/+12/+7/+2|
    +10
    |
    +5
    |
    +10
    |

18th|+18/+13/+8/+3|
    +11
    |
    +6
    |
    +11
    |

19th|+19/+14/+9/+4|
    +11
    |
    +6
    |
    +11
    |

20th|+20/+15/+10/+5|
    +12
    |
    +6
    |
    +12
    |Bonus Feat

[/table][/table]

{table=head]
    Table: Shrine Warrior's Spells per Day

{table=head]Level|....0....|
    ...1st...
    |
    ...2nd...
    |
    ...3rd...
    |
    ...4th...
    |
    ...5th...

1st|
    |
    1+1
    |
    —
    |
    —
    |
    —
    |
    —

2nd|
    |
    1+1
    |
    —
    |
    —
    |
    —
    |
    —

3rd|
    |
    2+1
    |
    —
    |
    —
    |
    —
    |
    —

4th|
    |
    2+1
    |
    0+1
    |
    —
    |
    —
    |
    —

5th|
    |
    2+1
    |
    1+1
    |
    —
    |
    —
    |
    —

6th|
    |
    2+1
    |
    1+1
    |
    —
    |
    —
    |
    —

7th|
    |
    3+1
    |
    2+1
    |
    —
    |
    —
    |
    —

8th|
    |
    3+1
    |
    2+1
    |
    0+1
    |
    —
    |
    —

9th|
    |
    3+1
    |
    2+1
    |
    1+1
    |
    —
    |
    —

10th|
    |
    3+1
    |
    2+1
    |
    1+1
    |
    —
    |
    —

11th|
    |
    3+1
    |
    3+1
    |
    2+1
    |
    —
    |
    —

12th|
    |
    3+1
    |
    3+1
    |
    2+1
    |
    0+1
    |
    —

13th|
    |
    3+1
    |
    3+1
    |
    2+1
    |
    1+1
    |
    —

14th|
    |
    3+1
    |
    3+1
    |
    2+1
    |
    1+1
    |
    —

15th|
    |
    3+1
    |
    3+1
    |
    3+1
    |
    2+1
    |
    —

16th|
    |
    3+1
    |
    3+1
    |
    3+1
    |
    2+1
    |
    0+1

17th|
    |
    3+1
    |
    3+1
    |
    3+1
    |
    2+1
    |
    1+1

18th|
    |
    3+1
    |
    3+1
    |
    3+1
    |
    2+1
    |
    1+1

19th|
    |
    3+1
    |
    3+1
    |
    3+1
    |
    3+1
    |
    2+1

20th|
    |
    3+1
    |
    3+1
    |
    3+1
    |
    3+1
    |
    2+1
    [/table] [/table]

Spells: A shrine warrior casts divine spells which are drawn from the shrine warrior spell list (see below). Like a cleric, a shrine warrior must choose and prepare her spells in advance. Unlike a cleric, a shrine warrior cannot spontaneously cast cure or inflict spells.

To prepare or cast a spell, a shrine warrior must have a Wisdom score equal to at least 10 + the spell level. The Difficulty Class for a saving throw against a shrine warrior’s spell is 10 + the spell level + the shrine warrior’s Wisdom modifier.

Like other spellcasters, a shrine warrior can cast only a certain number of spells of each spell level per day. Her base daily spell allotment is given on Table: Shrine Warrior's Spells per Day. In addition, she receives bonus spells per day if she has a high Wisdom score. A shrine warrior also gets one domain spell of each spell level she can cast, starting at 1st level. When a shrine warrior prepares a spell in a domain spell slot, it must come from her domain (see Domain and Domain Spells, below). Unlike a cleric, the shrine warrior may also prepare her domain spells in regular spell slots. When Table: Shrine Warrior's Spells per Day indicates that the shrine warrior gets 0 spells per day of a given spell level, she gains only the bonus spells she would be entitled to based on her Wisdom score for that spell level. Furthermore, she gains a domain spell slot (represented by the “+1”) of that level only if she is entitled to bonus spells of that level.

Shrine warriors, unlike wizards, do not acquire their spells from books or scrolls, nor do they prepare them through study. Instead, they meditate or pray for their spells, receiving them as divine inspiration or through their own strength of faith. Each shrine warrior must choose a time each day at which she must spend an hour in quiet contemplation or supplication to regain her daily allotment of spells. Time spent resting has no effect on whether a shrine warrior can prepare spells.

Each shrine warrior has a particular holy symbol (as a divine focus) depending on the shrine warrior’s magical tradition.

Domain and Domain Spells: The shrine warrior can select a single cleric domain. The domain gives the shrine warrior access to a domain spell at each spell level she can cast, from 1st on up, as well as a granted power. A shrine warrior prepares those spells in her domain spell slots, but can also prepare them in place of her usual spells.

While most shrine warriors follow one of the major religions, even shrine warriors who do not worship a specific deity get to select a domain.

If a cleric takes a level in the shrine warrior class, he does not get to select a new domain, but instead choses one of his current domains as the one he will use for his new class. Likewise, a shrine warrior who takes cleric levels must use her shrine warrior domain as one of her two cleric domains.

New ACF
    Spoiler
    Show
    Altar Server

Some shrine warriors believe it is easier to defend her faith by spreading it. These charismatic individuals lead by example, and sometimes can attract like-minded beings to aid in their cause, be they priestly duties, preaching, or fighting enemies of their faith.

Class: Shrine warrior.

Level: 1st.

Special Requirements: Cha 13.

Replaces: You don't gain a minion at 1st level.

Benefit: You gain Leadership at 1st level as a bonus feat, even if you do not have the normal prerequisites for that feat.

You may only recruit a cohort of the same faith as you and of the same alignment as your deity. At 6th level, these restrictions are lifted. You receive a +1 to your leadership score any time you would recruit a cohort of the same faith as you, and another +1 any time you would recruit a cohort of the same aligment as your deity.

Furthermore, at 1st level your cohort must have a CR of 1/3, at most. At 2nd level, that limit is increased to 1/2. At 3rd and later levels, use the regular Leadership rules (that is, the cohort must be two or more levels lower than the shrine warrior).

I'm very sorry for the hold up I had these done for a while, but couldn't sit and type them up. Anyways, on the changes: I've addressed the proposed changes to spells per day and domain spell slots. I tried to balance it the best I could, and I think the "0+1" levels came out pretty nicely. With these, however, the idea to transform the shrine warrior into a spontaneous spellcaster can't really come to bear... Not a huge loss with all the increased power, I think. Anyways, I've split the table in two to avoid viewing issues, and deleted the "Domain" from the table, since it is now an integral part of the class and explained on the text. The ACF is pretty much a way to access Leadership earlier

Please, let me know what you think!

And I promise I will do the sample minion table someday

EDIT: We have a rogue edit here! I forgot to say I took away the heavy armor proficiency to balance out things a bit and differentiate the shrine warrior a little more from the cleric and the paladin. Shouldn't have a huge impact, you can always get a Mithral Full Plate for a little more gp, after all.
    Last edited by Larkas; 2012-05-16 at 06:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by cerin616 View Post
    I just like to think that Smaug's "cry of pain" was "OH GOD, MY PRETTY! YOU HIT MY RIGHT IN THE PRETTY."
    Metal Perfection - a template for creatures born on Mirrodin.
    True Ferocity - a simple fix for Orcs and Half-Orcs.
    Monastic Magus - a spiritual successor to the Unarmed Swordsage.
    Pathfinder-ish Synthesist - a simple fix making Synthesist Summoners follow polymorph rules.
    Sword & Sorcery for Sneaky Scoundrels - rogue archetypes/fixes that aim to turn the rogue into a warrior/caster.