1. - Top - End - #1
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Thanqol Learns 2 Draw: Every Step Is The First

Hi, my name is Thanqol, and sometimes I'm a jerk.

One year ago I decided, out of the blue, that I was going to learn how to draw. The rule was simple - one picture every day, no excuses. I succeeded. I made it an entire year without missing an update. There's a youtube video of my progress here.

This is the second year of my challenge, and I'm going to continue it. Same rule. Picture every day, rain or shine.

I'm taking a bit more of a structured approach to this year's progress. I've made some good things, but I'm still deficient in a lot of the basics. I find one of the better ways for me to learn is theme weeks or months where I commit myself to topics and don't stray from them until the understanding has seeped in. To help me in this, I'm adopting a topic box where the current area I'm working on will be kept.

The current topic is:

Monster Manual Challenge
    Pictures I especially like will go in on my DeviantArt account.

I am still a beginner, and still incredibly deficient in a lot of areas. I absolutely love advice, comments, feedback and suggestions.

I use a Wacom Bamboo Fun tablet and Paint Tool SAI.

Every day I have a music plug. Normally it's good stuff that I recommend you listen to. There are playlists of all the music I've listened to on this project.

I take requests. The more interesting your request, the more likely I am to do it and put more effort into it. Do not be shy about asking, I don't bite.

Here's to year two.
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2012-11-02 at 03:59 AM.