Quote Originally Posted by Legoshrimp View Post
How do you not lose your natural if the toss goes forge first and puts 1-2 cannons and a wall in your naturals mineral line?
Most important thing is to keep an overlord on your hatch. This lets you watch them dirty probes. Then pull off 8 drones, 4 per side. Take more if you feel you need it and they will be able to attack. You lose mining time, they lose minerals and the ability to put on any other kind of pressure. When you kill them off, put them to mining at the natural..

Quote Originally Posted by Spuddles View Post
I saw leenock do this at MLG last year, and it was AWESOME and UNSTOPPABLE. Now, my question is, why has it taken so long for the meta game to change? Was ghost nerf necessary first? Does queen range 5 buff mean that reactor hellion and bunker rush can't pressure zerg early game, allowing them to drone up much faster?
Ghost nerf was vital, brood lords go from 6 snipes to 10. That is huge difference in energy.
Queens starting energy buff is helpful to this as well. Hellions seem about as effective at containing, which is mostly what they were used for at the end before this patch.
Bunker pressure has pretty much been out of meta for a while, unless they do the fairly all in version on ... I can't remember, a purpleish map with 4 bases. You can wall off the ramp from the natural to the rest of the map with 3 bunkers. Killed a lot of zergs that way.

Lastly, what does terran do in response? Drop more? Get hunter seeker missile tech path when spire is scouted (before hive tech, obviously, otherwise too late)?
Drops are great. Infestor, queen, Blords are all the slowest units for zerg. They can't scramble a defense that quickly. Hunter seeker is an odd choice, I never had anyone try it against me.

Late game zergs seem really, really vulnerable to harass- why dont we see more spine crawler/spore crawler defenses at expos? Zerg tend to float a lot of minerals and often have a larvae deficiency when trying to remax. 4 marauders or 8 marines (3/3 with stim) dropping out of a medivac will burn a hatchery very quickly.
Better players tend to get 3 spines and a spore per base. Then the huge wall of crawl in the middle.