You know what? Let's go a step further.

You do not craft objects; instead, you craft Functions, which are then imbued at some later point. You can only Imbue a given Function once, and then the object will always have that function.

You can later remove a Function from an object.

I'm waiting for Tool-ness, so I can Imbue it in my fists (fixin' things like the fonz! Yeah!); or, more esoterically, Food-ness on a stick (hey, when you can make anything edible...), Window-ness on a wall (you can see through it.)

Hell, by reducing items down to Function, you can really be an artist... and your canvas could be your body.

Another idea... who needs tools to craft a metaphor or function? You could totally make a Shape based around rapid crafting by simply mixing and melding Function Components. And then maybe, eventually, refining a Function to the point that you can just use the Energy and ignore the actual Form. So you could chop someone in half with the very concept of Swordness, or nail up a wall with literally nothing more than a whim.

The funny thing is that this kinda crafting makes a crapton of sense to anyone who has ever looked at how Diablo made its random items, but with the random stuff you get being stuff you can use that item for, rather than adding fire or ice or whatever.

And you do realize that, the more we talk about this, this is the game I've been dreaming of?

And Progressive Disclosure is such a wonderful idea... it's the kinda thing I wish that DnD was designed to work with.
<hr>
Sorry for a light hi-jack, but I have an idea for something to do while we are waiting for Welknair to complete the copyright process...

I'm currently working on a quick PoS combining Risus and Nomic. Anyone want to use it to get in the mood?