View Single Post

Thread: Number of Character Appearances IV

1. - Top - End - #188
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Number of Character Appearances IV

I'd actually be willing to go through every strip to track down every single "fake" appearance (with people pointing out anything I missed and any errors, natch). Though some questions for the people against counting representations:

-Do corpses and soulless undead count? For example, if Roy's corpse is in a strip but his spirit isn't, is that still an "actual" appearance?

-What about petrified characters? They're technically objects and not living creatures.

-Do illusions that double as recordings count? (Giant illusory head of Shojo and Girard's fake location illusion.)

-It wasn't clear as to whether Shojo actually appeared to Belkar or not. (I'm inclined to think that it was Belkar's subconscious projecting itself as Shojo.) Should that count as an actual appearance?

-What about hypothetical scenarios like the archfiends' alternate plan for V or imagined scenarios like when Elan imagines Tarquin adopting Roy?
    Last edited by Gift Jeraff; 2012-05-21 at 12:39 PM.
    THE SCRYING SENSOR AT THE END OF STRIP #698 WAS ZZ'DTRI'S (SOURCE)

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by martianmister View Post
    Mongolian hordes. Lots of lots of mongolian hordes. With a mongolian warrior chief. They will conquer Gobbotopia and rename it as Mongolitopia. Because that makes so much sense.

Also ponies.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gift Jeraff View Post
    elan: dad plz dont kill roy
    tarquin: ok
    Damn it! Now I have to rewrite the script for #917.
    Spoiler: NSFW
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show