1. - Top - End - #27
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Thanqol Learns 2 Draw: Every Step Is The First

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    It is!
    Thanqol; imagine standing between and say, four yards to the side of said tyrannosaurs. Now look up.
    All I imagine is the screaming.

They are actually not. You need
    - a character you're willing to draw a billion times over
    - a story
    -maybe some camera angles

That's it. Let go of perfecting each panel; just do it. And this is like, the third or fourth comic request you've had to turn down. You're not hiding your lackings, are you ol' Hoss?
    I like to think I'm quite open with my lackings.

The problem I have encountered in the past with comics is that I have to make the character look consistent between panels. Moreover, I have historically been bad at judging sizes and tend to make characters too tall or short relative to each other. It looks messy. Part of what I've been working on with the current topic is getting a lot of figures about the same size.

Try looking for artistic nudes.
    It may also help you with your everyone has double Ds "problem".

(note: not everyone considers this a problem)
    Hmm~mm, I've considered it but I have odd mental blocks against looking at naked people. Drawings of naked people are fine, but there's some trigger in my head that turns me away from looking at undressed real people. I'll see about finding a workaround.

Is that a Stephanie pony?
    No. Been playing around with her design, but haven't settled on it or her colours.

I'm thinking. Thinking...
    My end goal would not be the same as yours. I would need a routine that would help me with my end goals. A daily draw thread would not do that, but it would be something...
    The drawthread is a vehicle to ensure that you make constant progress towards your goals, whatever they are. All goals are supported by daily practise.
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2012-05-24 at 05:54 AM.