Quote Originally Posted by DrewVolker View Post
Just looked over the spell milo, and I must say well done. Overall great work.
Thanks.

I've reread over the whole thread to just get a better perspective on how this class has changed since it was made, and I came across an idea that was said that I think might deserve a second look.
Having a set of feats, maybe called "Favored of the Spider Queen" and "Chosen of the Spider Queen" or something along those lines. The lesser version grants you an extra technique, and the greater version grants you an extra advanced technique. Or maybe just one feat that give you an extra technique, but if you pick it on/after level 10 you can also select from advanced techniques?
I know you said you think they got enough already, but I don't see the harm in letting someone who would rather give up a feet to gain more techniques, do so.
I agree, looking at it now, I would want my character to have a good deal of the Techniques and if your willing to give up a feat I think thats more than fair.

Edit: Just relooked over Entropic Disciple, must say that is EXACTLY what I had in mind when I mentioned it, seriously, awesome work. A few things I thought/noticed. Where its telling you what sizes you can change to, up to is one word, I am guessing its a typo. Also the one size up, two sizes down works out perfectly. Makes it so people who keep a medium spider can still get a large one for combat, but out of combat/in town can have down to a tiny sized one on their shoulder.
I think it should be either changed to a non advanced technique though, its not that powerful and I know I would hate to have to wait till level 12 to just be able to make my spider tiny enough that it could go into a town with me. Maybe make it so you have to wait till you have Disciple of Araneae to be able to use it to make your spider larger? That would get rid of the strength/constitution and natural armor bonuses from the size bump up issue until you would have normally be able to do so as the way you first wrote it

I've Edited in the changes.

Second Edit: So happy news, I will be playing this class in a pathfinder game coming up and really looking forward to it. I will let you know how it goes and my thoughts on the class after getting to play it in a game. I do hope you consider the feat idea to gain more techniques, because I know I personally would want more than just 10. Don't mind spending feats to get them.
Sounds great I hope it works well. Also I'm planning on creating a group of feats for my homebrew classes, Spider Blood Assassin among them, Its might take a few days though as some of the feats are for classes that aren't on this site yet. When is the game going to start or has it already?

Oh, I did have one quick question. Does the spider blood ability also increase the fort save of the widows toxin ability? Oh and while I mention that ability, I think you should change the save DC to 10 + half spiderblood assassin level + con bonus, because as it stands if you take it early on it will have a very low save dc and if you made it scale based off your sba level it still fits the pathfinder feel of "rewards you for sticking to a base class".
No Spider Blood effects Widows Toxin as it isn't created by Craft (Alchemy), I've edited it to make it more like pathfinder though.