1. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Thanqol Learns 2 Draw: Every Step Is The First

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    If anyone has anything to help me with expressions, I'd love to hear it. The Lackadaisy tutorial has been an astoundingly useful place to start, got any more?

Links

Time: 35 minutes
    Music: Run Boy Run (seriously, watch this)
    If you haven't yet, I'd suggest following the link on the last page for the dA anatomy tutorial. There's a set of links at the bottom of that page labelled "Manga to Realistic" which is mostly concerned with drawing realistic faces, assuming a cartoon-style starting point for most incoming artists. Although I don't really draw much in a manga style, the tips are pretty generically useful, and one of the later tutorials goes specifically into how the face moves in different facial expressions. There was also a neat section on thinking about how to draw different ethnicities, to break out of the Caucasian/Asian box lots of people can get stuck in.

I would link the page directly, but I'm at work and can't go link-hopping just yet >.>

Oh, also the grammar is a bit dodgy, but I think that's because the artist is ESL; the pictures tell most of the story anyway. Thought I should warn you, since I didn't know if that would trigger any of your writer buttons.
    Last edited by the_druid_droid; 2012-05-28 at 10:01 AM.
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!