Thread: Fixing SKR's Feat Point System

1. - Top - End - #46
    Orc in the Playground

MonkGuy

Default Re: Fixing SKR's Feat Point System

Would you allow this feat?

Battle Experience
    Prerequisite: none
    Effect: You gain a permanent +1 bonus to hit, damage, armor class, saves, initiative, hit points and combat maneuvers opposed checks.
    Special: you can select this feat multiple times. It's effects stack
    Special: A fighter can select
    Special: Whenever the effects of this feat or multiple iterations of it are equal or superior to those granted by another feat presented in the Player's Handbook, you are considered as having that feat for the purpose of prerequisites. IE, if you have selected Battle Experience twice, you are treated as having Dodge, Iron Will, Lightning Reflexes, Great Fortitude, Weapon Focus, Greater Weapon Focus, Weapon Specialization.

I believe this feat could fix most problems without the need of introducing a point-based system,
    I also believe that this is still not as powerful as Knowledge Devotion, Craven, or Shock Trooper.

EDIT: I'm not trying to make a point, I just want some feedback.
    The reason why I consider this feat inferior to those above mentioned it's that it gives a lot of small, static, unfocused bonuses. It makes you overall better but not easily powerful.
    Even if you took it 5 times, you'd still be only as good at attacking as a character who took once Knowledge Devotion. And with the other 4 feats he could have obtained effective tactics (charging, jack b quick etc).
    Your defense would be better, but defense matters less than offense.
    I really think that this feat would make a good, balanced addition to the game, and be a decent (but not excellent) fighter fix.
    Last edited by D@rK-SePHiRoTH-; 2012-06-03 at 11:23 PM.