View Single Post

Thread: Fixing SKR's Feat Point System

1. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Fixing SKR's Feat Point System

Quote Originally Posted by Ernir View Post
    If feats are being assigned a value, I'd like to see the lower end of the scale used more. There are some hilariously terrible feats out there.
    Like the +2/+2 skill feats. I can't imagine the situation where I'd like to risk delaying my Mounted Combat line in favor of one.

I'd be pricing them at something like 2...
    Yeah, I don't know that I've ever taken one of them. They're pretty terrible.

Now, here's the big problem with the whole ball of wax....it's subjective as hell, and feats vary depending on combos. Iron Will is better if it's an entry requirement for that sweet PrC you want. What combos are available will vary depending on allowed sources.

So, long story short, feats don't have static values, which kind of undercuts the whole thing.

Edit: The original list really is quite hilarious. I admit I'd enjoy playing with it quite a bit, and gleefully taking "worthless" feats like Improved Init.
    Last edited by Tyndmyr; 2012-06-11 at 11:50 AM.
    Back from a lengthy vacation from Giantitp. I've been dabbling with 3d printer technology and game design, PM if you're curious.

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimization."

New: Tyndmyr has a game shop!