hoverfrog - your calculations are a bit off. Going by SKR's system, the Wizard just gets Scribe Scroll at lvl 1, not an extra 10 feat points. They only get feat points if they're taking the Fighter Bonus Feat variant. So your basic Wizard is working off 30 points, plus Scribe Scroll on top of that. Not that it's a big change, but it's still four points down.

Personally, my inclination is to change the system so that you start with perhaps 12 points at lvl 1, and gain 3 each level after that. This adds granularity to the process, and avoids SKR's little "feat point debt" subsystem. It also reduces a bit of the gap between my costs and the former average. Classes that get bonus feats off a decently open list at regular intervals (Fighters, Wizards, Scouts, Warblades, etc) instead gain a certain number of feat points every level, adding into a separate pool that can only be used off their bonus feat list. I think Wizards (bonus feats every 5 levels) will only gain +1. Scouts and Warblades (every 4 levels) would get +2. Fighters (every 2 levels) would probably get +4. The general rule of thumb being, "whatever number leaves them closest to but still less than 10 in the relevant interval". Of course, Fighters being Fighters I may try to sneak them in at +5. It's a work in progress, but assigning values to feats is the most arduous step.

This is all speculative though