Welcome to Iron Poet, Round Sixteen!!
1) Only the first 16 respondents expressing a desire to compete will be the contestants. It IS a first come, first served basis.
2) The contest will consist of a number of rounds pitting 2 randomly determined poets against each other until only one contestant remains (winner).
3) Each match-up will be given a theme, picture, article, subject, or other criteria to write on, and the poem submitted must match this as much as possible. Stricter following of prompts may help you win. Prompts that are words may be interpreted in any way (and any form of the word can be used), but keep in mind the judge may not see the connection if it's too ambiguous.
4) The winner as determined by a panel of judges will advance to the next round.
5) In case of a judge or judges not posting judgments in a timely manner, Vaynor will adjudicate and determine the winner.
6) The poems will be limited to 1000 words with a 50 word minimum
7) The entries will be poems. All forms of poetry are acceptable, as long as they meet the required word lengths. If your chosen style is too short, you are free to make two of them, i.e., you may make a limerick with 48 words, then add another limerick, still following the same theme, to reach the required word length.
8) All posted deadlines will given in as much time zones as possible, as labeled.
9) No late entries will be accepted. If you don't post or fail to post by the deadline, you will be disqualified. A 15 minute grace period is allowed. You have one freebie per contest, use it wisely. This allows you to be up to half a day late (12 hours) with your poem (no more).
10) If your entry does not include the article(s) and the picture(s), you will most likely lose because of it, however this will not disqualify your poem, as poems are judged on best use of the prompts.
11) The judgments are final. What the judges decide is how it is.
12) The entries will only include content suitable for the Playground.
13) Anything not clear will be decided by me.
14) The contestants will have 1 week (roughly) from the bracket posting to get their entries posted.
15) Post your poems in spoilers. Judges: do not read poems before the round ends.
16) Feel free to edit the post with your poem in it until the round ends. After that, any additional edits will disqualify you (barring a use of your half-day extension).
17) Judges have 1 week to complete judgments. If not all judges respond by this time, the round will be decided as if the late judges were not a part of it (i.e. if there are 5 judges to begin with and only 3 are on time, the round will be decided with 2 votes as opposed to 3). If there are only an even number of judgments, I will cast the remaining vote.
18) At the end of each contest, everyone still reading the thread will be able to anonymously vote on their favorite poem of the entire contest (encompassing all rounds). The poem with the most votes will win the "Best of Show" award!
THE IRON POET HALL OF FAME
- The Fiery Tower
- The Grimmace
- Lord Tyger
POTENTIAL APPLICANTS FOR THE JUDGE POSITION TAKE NOTE: THESE CONTESTS LAST A LONG TIME AND THIS IS NOT A FLEETING RESPONSIBILITY. IF YOU SIGN UP I EXPECT YOU TO POST JUDGMENTS ON TIME. IF YOU FEEL THAT YOU ARE NO LONGER ABLE TO POST JUDGMENTS, TELL ME. THANK YOU.