Quote Originally Posted by Green-Shirt Q View Post
Call it a mad, stupid theory or a case of denial, but here's my guess: Spoony is not actually leaving Channel Awesome.

Think about last year, with a big spoiler in the middle of the film...
Spoiler
Show
That Dude in the Suede returning to CA. Remember the out-of-character build-up to subvert anybody guessing that? They had Suede tweet about how he was leaving Channel Awesome for good, they had numerous denials Suede was ever involved, and Suede giving official comments he was no where near the shooting.

And it worked. That scene with his return was legitimately shocking and incedibly well set up. Even if your opinion of Suburban Knights was lukewarm or worse, most people agree that was a pretty cool twist. I think, because of the overwhelmingly positive reaction to it, they're trying to set up something like that again. Only since there is no incredibly popular reviewer able to return (and they already did that), they'd do it with a reviewer they felt confident wouldn't lose any fans over this, like Spoony.

My guess? They'll have him fake-die in the film. Everybody will think it's a great big send off to Noah because he won't be coming back. Then he will, and everybody will be surprised.

Just my theory, anyway. It's probably wrong, and I highly doubt it's right, but there you go.
I don't think so. They'd have to do the fake-death in the film in such a way that it looked like it was edited in after the falling-out, not planned from the start, which I sincerely doubt they'd do. For one, it'd be difficult to pull off, and very jarring to see. For another there's too much potentially for ticking off fans, both while the fake-out is being believed and after its revealed as a fake-out.

Zevox