Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post

Vanyanil, Cynthaia and Israfil took the letters and departed to deliver them.
The rest departed to instruct their fellows in the art gifted to them by Kiloasa.
When all the rest had departed and Kiloasa had spoken to her, Anzhela thought for a moment as to how best to word this diplomatically in a way that wouldn't set off Kiloasa's obviously nasty temper...
You are correct. I do so want vengeance. I want to cut out your black heart and roast it over the fires of Hell and feed it to the dogs.
But, now that my Father is dead, by your hand, I find that I must honour what he taught us even more than usual.
It is much too petty. I am immortal, so will not allow my heart to turn to anger and my mind to hover over which surgical instruments are most appropriate.

She looked off into the distance, clearly deep in thought.
Suffering. What is it?
To undergo pain, penalty or punishment? Be faced with deprivation, torment and agony? Untold millions suffered for three thousand years, more so than died due to recent events.
Was their suffering any less important than those who still lived? Deprived for an eternity, their minds tormented by the seals that pressed in around them?
The dead are still susceptible to madness, My Lord. Will respite in the Forests be enough to heal them? Can ten thousand years erase the memories of that time?
None know.

She turned to face him.
So yes. The suffering of countless millions weighs as more important than the suffering of countable millions.
His actions were not wrong, but nor were they strictly right.

Spoiler
Show
Starting AP: 0 + 2PAP
Create Organisation: Council of Archangels. A sub organisation of the Belsherai, they are the ten eldest and most powerful of their race. 2AP
Remaining AP: 0

Note to Hipho, Mystic and Draken: The Belsherai delivering the letters are just going to hand them to you and leave.

So the mortal life has no value, then? Only the immortal afterlife of the soul is worthy of protection? If so, then doing this should not matter. Kiloasa raised his axe and brought it down faster than the blink of an eye mere inches from Anzhela's face. A wandering sheep had passed between them, now it was bisected cleanly in two. If the mortal life is worthless, then why have Hell? Their lives on the mortal plane have no value to you, so why should we punish or reward souls for their behavior in the mortal world? Why even have a mortal world at all? Why not just slaughter every single mortal now, so that they can all enjoy the eternal peace and contentment of your Starlight Forest?

Mortal life is infinitely more valuable than Immortal life because it ends Anzhela. You have never died, and you never truly will. Even if I slaughtered every single Belsherai like the pedantic fools you are it would count for nothing for you would simply return to the Starlight Forest. You have never asked one of the spirits you collect whether they even wanted to leave the mortal world yet, have you?

Now I am asking you to think critically here, something Belsheroth obviously puts much less value on than your ability to spout pointless rhetoric without thought for consequences. A fact I will remedy when he recovers... Yes, Anzhela I know Belsheroth is still alive. If he were dead, I would have had no need to curse him as I did. If the god of death were to die, then death itself would die. Mortals still die, I can sense it, so clearly Belsheroth still lives.

Now think critically Anzhela. Belsheroth is responsible for the deaths of millions of goblins, I am responsible for burying my axe in his liver. He acted to avenge the souls of the dead, his children, and I acted to avenge mine, the Goblins. He slaughtered millions of innocents because one goblin stood against him, I hurt but did not kill Belsheroth in response to his near genocide of the Lokab Goblins. So who is truly the black hearted, vile monster that you so truly hate?

Again, think critically what could Belsheroth have done differently? What could he have done to accomplish his goals without causing untold destruction and suffering? Because I know, and if you can figure it out as well, I will give you some mutton.
Kiloasa magically levitated the sheep carcass over the fire and let it roast there.

Spoiler
Show
Starting AP:0 PAP: 1
Create "Life"- 1 AP Ghosts
Ghosts are spirits that wish to linger on the mortal plane after death. Before the fall of the Lokab Empire they were few and far between, but now they are much more common. Thier reasons for wanting to stay vary from ghost to ghost.

This isn't a creation of Kiloasa, just something that needs AP spent on it.
Final AP: 0 PAP: 0