One more vote on an existing suggestion and we could ensure that all the top ten have at least two votes!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurald Galain View Post
Oh yeah, there's the cancer mage, I think it's called? Normally corruption is a detrimental mechanic, but this guy doesn't really suffer from the side effects, and gets a ludicrous boost to its spell DC.

There's also beholder mage, which can actually be entered (somehow) via polymorph spells.
Two more to add!

I might actually put the ridiculous duration clauses in PaO in separately.

Quote Originally Posted by Amoren View Post
I'd add another vote for a monster, if that's allowed.

THE MONSTROUS CRAB! https://www.furaffinity.net/full/8347770/
Sure, why not? ... although that's not the official link by any means.

Anything in 3.x that's just stupidly broken is fair game. Make sure to vote for some others, though!

Quote Originally Posted by karpik777 View Post
No one mentioned Adamantine Horror (this was the one with the absurd at-wills, right?) yet? Also, Tainted Scholar - perhaps not in itself, but combine it with being undead...

Though IHS still takes the cake.
Yeah, adamantine horror is the one with multiple at-will 9ths. At CR 9.

Is that two votes for IHS, or three, or just one? (I'm assuming two for now.)

Quote Originally Posted by Acanous View Post
I saw this thread, and the first thing that popped to my mind was Candle of Invocation.

Unlike other poorly written things that exist in 3.5, Candle of invocation is worded precisely. It explicitly details what it does, although it hides the truly broken part after an end-of-page break.
Things like Iron Heart Surge or Drowning, there's obviously a hole. Something the DM needs to Rule Zero in. They are BADLY written. One line of text would fix either one.

Candle of Invocation? Oh no. The writers knew EXACTLY what they were doing. The CoI is a piece of Dev Malice against all DMs, a piece of aged cheddar that doesn't hide what it does, it just puts it after a wall of text to make lazy or inexperienced DMs think it's OK.

Munchkins cackle out loud at gaming tables when the oft-asked question of "Can I buy this?" is answered by a "Yes" from the DM after cursory examination.

The Dust of Sneezing and Choking compares, but is not nearly as game-breaking. Sure, your lv 5 party can take out a Great Wyrm Black Dragon with it, but you have to actually find the dragon. CoI? You gate in something with Wish SLI, then wish for some dust of sneezing, then wish to be transported to the nearest safe location within throwing distance of a Great Wyrm black dragon.

It's not just cheese, it's the entire omelette, besides.
An eloquent and well-reasoned condemnation.

However, it unfortunately lacks a specific vote, so I'll assume one for CoI for now.