View Single Post

Thread: LGBTAitP Part 25: Doing away with titles

1. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: LGBTAitP Part 25: Doing away with titles

Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    Yeah, that might help a bit. Maybe all the criticism of her is because she hasn't actually researched her claims?
    As far as I'm aware she's made several videos on topics related to female portrayal in gaming and those are perfectly open to being criticized. But in the end it doesn't really matter how good her research is; the main problem that's indicative of just how vile the gaming community can get is the utter amount of abuse, threats and harassment she got because she had the gall to be a woman who wanted to look into this.

Hrmm, I guess I'm just a bit bothered by that fact that discussion shifted rather quickly to the contents of her work rather than focusing on the horrible bigotry rife in the gaming community.

(And there might be issues with her current stuff that's out there (I haven't seen any of her videos.), but I'm not going to judge the kickstarter project before I've seen the actual product (which as far as I'm aware of she hasn't started on / is only just starting on.))

I need to cut down on the parentheses.
    Last edited by Astrella; 2012-07-10 at 09:35 AM.
    I make avatars. Sometimes.
    Spoiler
    Show