Quote Originally Posted by SanguineEmpires View Post
I see no problem with increasing the hit die to d10s.

Well, in my mind, there are only three options for a non-skillful character in melee: d8,d10 and d12. d12s are hit-dies for martial beatsticks, classes that forsake magical power for hitting something harder with a stick. This class is not a martial beatstick, so no d12s for it.
d8s, the current hit-die you have on the class, are used with the sword-sage, cleric, ranger, dusk-blade and psychic warrior. These characters make up for there lack in health with awesome magical powers. Ignoring the cleric, most of these classes stay in combat long enough to decimate the opponent and move to the next, a skirmisher.
d10s are for the god-fearing (I mean, the Soulborn, Dragon Shaman, Paladins and Crusaders all have d10s) classes that use some moderately powerful spell casting to hit a little harder, and survive the attack of the Elder Wyrm dragon long enough for the wizard to smote it. The invocations and radiant powers for this class are not all powerful, at most they match in power to martial maneuvers or a slightly unoptimized psychic warrior. Therefore, this class would fit into the d10 category.

Also, on a unrelated note, those two dead levels make my flesh crawl. When I level up, I like to think that I got a new toy, or slapped a new shiny light on an existing one. I will hold off on any more ideas until I actually play the class. Thanks for the taking my ideas into consideration.
d10s it is.

I agree on the dead levels, but I ran out of ideas and didn't want to wait ages.