Bloodhaven Hospital

Several burly men were lounging in a corridor. In the two rooms next to them, about a dozen of gang members were recovering from their knife fight, just a night earlier.

''I wish that new wing was already completed. Placing them so close to each other. If Dobins and his men werenít here Iíd fear theyíll go for each other again'' muttered one of the doctors.

''Should we actually treat their sort? I think the faster they send each other to graves, the better'' replied his colleague, making sure his voice didnít carry.

Green Operating Room

''As you can see the inflammation here is the cause of the pain. It would be possible to remove it, without impairing the functioning of the body.'' Vassari instructed, as a cadre of men and women, wearing the white, surrounded the operating table. A Hand, brought doctor boiled scalpel as he leaned over the woman. ''Please a bit of room. You can follow the operation by looking at the mirrors placed on the celling.''

Dr. Vassariís Personal Cabinet

Morden was relaxing with a glass of sherbet, picking exotic fruits from a bowl on his table. He non-consciously checked, if their skin was broken, before peeling it off, an old habit. His thoughts wandered. The city was boiling with fights and turf wars. At first he was surpised to see so few patients in the hospital, before he realized that making way to him would probably be a dangerous affair, seeing the fighting on the streets. Besides, Bloodhaven hasnít yet operated for long and many people either didnít know or werenít certain of its reputation.

Cityís Chief Health Administrator, Morden Vassari, A Report to EBSA [5]
Spoiler
Show

''I would like to inform you, that the hygienic standards in the preparation of food in the city a quite excellent, courtesy of Sausage Guild and Doverís Association. I have written a document confirming it, so you can issue an official commendation for their work to keep the city fed and healthy.''

''There is an issue with water contamination in the Bunkers, which I will seek to address.''

''If you could arrange for an inspection office in the Traitorís Bridge and Underdocks, I can place there my men to watch for the possibility of exotic diseases entering the city.''

''I would also recommend tightening of the work safety regulations in the Smokeyards as the number of accidents from machinery is quite alarming and I believe Technist Guild is experimenting with explosive materials, due to a high number of victims with burns.''

Dr. Morden Vassari to Sausage Guild, Copy of the Letter to EBSA [6]
Spoiler
Show

''I would like to inform you, that signs of water contamination have been detected in the wells in your territory. I would appreciate, if you could work to find the source of this malady and prevent further spoilage, while I work on the formula to cleanse the already affected water sources.''

Yours Sincerely,
Dr. Morden Vassari

A Letter to King James I [4]
Spoiler
Show

''Your Majesty''

''I am of course quite interested in peace and order, but I would like to know, what you mean by an alliance? I run a hospital, that provides treatments to the patients, an institution, that while vital to the health of the city, has neither legitimate authority over the city bureaucracy nor loyal legion of soldiers to quell the unrest.''

Yours Sincerely,
Dr. Morden Vassari