View Single Post

Thread: The Minds of Almantha

1. - Top - End - #140
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: The Minds of Almantha

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjadeadbeard View Post
    A haggard Freelancer near retirement hires the party to help him catch the perpetrators of a series of Disappearances he's been investigating for forty years. These were carried out by the assassins, but only ballooned in numbers because of "witness cleanup". Then...
    Spoiler
    Show
    after a failed ambush nearly kills the players, the officer appears to be killed by the assassins for getting too close. The party is put back on the trail by a disguised Arrusif, who may also be anarchistic like these guys, but considers himself far more noble. They discover that the Freelancer officer was really a mole the whole time, using his position to eliminate up and coming Freelancers who might be a threat, and may even be the assassin leader. The players are asked to stop him by Arrusif.

And then basically awesome happens up until Arrusif takes something from the assassins that he needs for his ritual thing and takes off, thanking the players all the while.
    Fixed that. Remember, they're so secret people don't believe they exist. At best, they might be remembered by an assassin cult that flourished in Alabas, but was believed to be exterminated during the war. EDIT: It's otherwise the perfect quest outline.

Also, I figured out a name for the artificial moon: Moxen. And the beginnings of a calendar: Moxen makes a complete orbit around the real moon (don't have a name for that moon yet) every week, and months are derived from the real moon, like on Earth. (In fact, the number and length of the months are surprisingly Earthlike, but that is of course subject to change). The "weekends" are when Moxen is hidden behind the real moon.
    Last edited by Landis963; 2012-07-24 at 08:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.