Quote Originally Posted by urkthegurk View Post
Some of the dragons think of themselves as, well, predators, and eat the ogres, etc. Some of them think of themselves as enlightened beings, and subsist on very little, like morning dew and the occasional ground squirrel.

Vast herds of one or two types of prey might be your only option, I can't see a complex ecosystem supporting large predators without being depleted super fast. Which is fine: a barren moor-like landscape populated with a few cowering prey animals seems like the perfect scene for a dragon.

If those giant hares burrow (not a burrow speed, just tunnels to hide in) then the dragons would have to at least take awhile to dig 'em out.
You're thinking along a different line to the purpose of the thread. You're trying to disprove my need for it at all, while I'm saying that I do need it. Allow me to figure out the balance, I'm looking for creatures. As for lack of support for a complex ecosystem, I feel that all that needs to be tweaked is how the animals survive despite large predators, such as defense against them, or other factors like reproduction, or specific dietary requirements. I appreciate any imput, but telling me there isn't a need for the creatures here is a bit counter-intuitive. Especially because compiling a list is great for other people who might like to use some. I might not use all of them for the dragon area, but I certainly can distribute them acrossed my world.