View Single Post

Thread: (Twi) Twilight XI: School Days

1. - Top - End - #663
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: (Twi) Twilight XI: School Days

Tim Drake
    The boy-wonder let her tap him, not that he could do much about it. Cassandra was a very physical sort of person, and speech did not come easy to her. She almost always resorted to body-language when dealing with concepts that couldn't be expressed in a handful of words. It was, quite simply, her way of communicating.

So he sighed. "Well, that's just the question. Rebels? Patriots? Freedom-fighters, terrorists or something else entirely? To be honest, I'm not sure they're all on the same page themselves." He rubbed his face. He'd been wearing masks so long, even amongst those he was closest too his face felt naked, vulnerable and horribly exposed without one.

"There's a lot to tell, and a lot that isn't known, but I'll do my best. They began after Emperor Hirohito surrendered and Japan was forced to be part of the Empire. From what I understand, they wanted to go on fighting the war, and have been at it ever since. Though now they seem to want independence for Japan. They're militant, but were only a nuisance until their new leader appeared." He stops speaking for a moment, getting his thoughts in order.

"He calls himself Zero, and has won more or less every confrontation he's appeared in. He's also done a good job keeping his identity secret, we could learn a few things from him. And he's effective, he's taken them from a group of rebels to an incalculably dangerous force, and managed to hide a highly supplied army from the authorities as well despite undertaking an expertly planned campaign against them. Recently, he's gone international. And the Black Knights have stopped acting like rebels and started acting like the forerunners of a new dynasty."

He shrugs. It wasn't a lot to go on, far less then they'd establish back home, but it was enough to make sure they were all on the same page. "Anyway, I want to find out a bit more. Look, I know you've got your own problems, and I'm dragging you into mine, but this really is important, and I can't do it alone. I didn't bring any of my team with me except Raven, and she's really not cut out for this sort of work. Well, to be honest, none of them are. So I was hoping you'd help, Steph. Because I know we can always count on you, no matter what Babbs says." So he was laying it on a bit thick. But she was still angry with him, and anyway, she probably could use some support.

Souske
    He makes a sensible decision. He follows Beast.
    Last edited by Corvond; 2012-07-31 at 07:57 AM.