The thought of human chess is interesting...but I do not get paid enough to make it a reality I'm afraid. A 3' scale or 1 meter scale in my opinion is too small. However I will drop the issue, as there is an interesting discussion about metatypes going on.

Elves I believe have the +10 BP due to their social status as the most accepted metatype. All the others are discriminated against. Let's face it, elves are pretty. As far as building a character around metatype I find that while some are better at things then others, there really is no limit on what a metatype can do, assuming you do a bit of thinking. I have a guntroll that uses automatic weapons to compensate for his low agility. Plus he is hard to drop.

Another question. How does melee suck? My friend made a samurai and from what I can see he is going to be rocking the house. He has, with all bonuses from ware included, 16 gymnastics for dodging bullets and 15 blades with his katana and his sword does 6P damage. When melee is optimized, how is it any less effective then guns?