Quote Originally Posted by Yeshon View Post
Hazen Keep

Colonel Chekov offers a curt bow.

"I have come to accept your offer of friendship. I have confered with the Order's Lieutenant and we have decided as well as payment for your services, you are guaranteed your autonomy, and offered alliance under the Calasancti military code. Under the section concerning battlefield priviledges of commanding officers. It would need to be ratified after the war certainly, but if you hold your end of the bargain, that shouldn't be a problem."
"Good, good" Endar replied "Our lands can host your army for a fair time if needs be. We can afford your cause 200 good men, keeping men to guard the walls of Hazen keep for ourselves of course. We are now at your disposal." It was a fairly stereotypical response, dutifully fulfilling what was expected of him.

On his way through the small, wealthy residential population of the Keep, Colonol Chelov may notice that he is being followed by a cloaked stranger. He moves skillfully through the city, fading into the shadows when possible. The man runs along a rooftop to draw Chekov's attention, then climbs down and around to mislead him. When the colonel is looking for his pursuer in the wrong direction, he is taken from behind and pulled into an alley. With the darkness still concealing his face, the stranger has drawn a poleaxe and holds it in close proximity to Chekov's chest. "I'm not going to hurt you" he says in a voice that is calm for being out of breath "I need to know" he demands "What does it mean to be a vampire? How is a vampire made a vampire?"