Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAquilaDei View Post
Again with the insults to my taste.

I will proceed to ramble defensively and incoherently now.

I'm sincerely sorry, to the both of you and anyone else reading this. Between a two week vacation abroad, Europa Universalis, a surprise two day stay at the hospital and a general lack of will to update here, I got more silent here than was fashionable. Sorry for leaving you hanging.

Curiously, drawing daily has by now become second nature but I don't feel that way about putting the drawings here afterwards. Presenting the work here doesn't really feel comfortable anymore since there has been a decline both in the quality and quantity of the scrawls produced.
I went through that period recently. A perceived decline leads to less and less effort going in which forms a self-sustaining cycle. Persisted more or less from Day 400 to 440.

Honestly, it's got the same fix as writing: If you don't challenge yourself and don't do new things then it won't be fun. Do the things you want to do; do the crazy experiments or splashes of colour that are still way beyond you but are fun anyway. Draw something funny!

Be passionate about what you do, whatever you do.

I was getting really sick of myself not finishing the Medium series. Being a melodramatic douche I've been kind of considering simply not updating til it's done, but that will probably take a preposterous amount of time.

Light is finished since three weeks ago, for the record, and I just haven't broght myself to upload it and I'm honestly not sure why.

(Siuis, thanks a million for the criticism. I will respond to it in full at a later point and would very much like to hear your opinion on the rest.)
Join the ATG; ponies, daily themes, and deadlines. It's got me to get off my ass and produce four fully coloured and backgrounded pictures in a row.