1. - Top - End - #186
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: 64 Times the Harvesting: Let's Play Harvest Moon 64

Quote Originally Posted by LoneStarNorth View Post
    Friends of Mineral Town for the GBA might be a good place to start. It followed after HM64 so the mechanics are fairly similar. It also features most of the same characters, but some of them have slightly different roles or personalities. If you're enjoying the LP, you'd find it quite familiar but not spoilerishly so.

That said, I don't think you could really go wrong with any of them.
    The roles and personalities are slightly different and deeply inferior (I will never forgive Rick. Neeeeeevvvvvveeeer. The more I see that version of Rick, the less I will forgive him.))

Also, it is a remake of the game that's 64's sister, Back to Nature. The more you know. That said, it is a solid game, and without a lot of the BS that's crept into the series over the years. If you don't mind a *lot* of BS, I reccomend in terms of DS games Sunshine Islands; I'm rather fond of it, maybe because I like me some jungleboy. I haven't really played much of Tale of Two Towns, but it looks pretty neat from where I sit. There's a DS version. I'd stay away from Harvest Moon: DS. It's very buggy.
    For console games, if you like the sort of feel of HM64, A Wonderful Life may be for you; it's one of the deeper games. If you like a more fantastic, I say Animal Parade for the Wii. I love me some Wizard.

No, Trobby, we can't get pigs in this game. :(

Round Table, Round Table...
    Spoiler
    Show

"Hey, you, listen! Who said I need people siding with me! And anyway, who said he's a perv?"
    "Well, you did. It says right here. And you sort of walked into it, Ann."
    "W-well, anyway! He apologized and that's enough!"
    "Maybe he really didn't mean it. Let's not jump to conclusions."
    "Every man's a perv, at least a little bit. I don't mind a good dirty joke. If you end up in another, come tell me next time!"
    "Yeah, alright."
    *looks at transcription of the scene. Looks confused.* "U-um.... I d-don't..."

"This is a dumb idea. Let's go home, you guys."
    "Oh, come on! It's a party!"
    "Where did all this wine come from?"
    "The Kifu fairies?"
    Uh, ladies... You're drifting off...
    "...Well, I guess I could stay for a little party...But let me go get some snacks."
    "And Decorations!"
    "E-excuse me...But about this t-transcription"
    "Wait. Gray's not here... So I can party as hard as I want! No one will stop me! MWAHAAHAHAHAHA!"
    "Your cutoff limit is still 2, Ann."
    "Rats."

"I-I don't get it..."
    Last edited by Deme; 2012-08-12 at 08:39 AM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...