View Single Post

Thread: Video Game Races [Pathfinder]

1. - Top - End - #14
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Video Game Races [Pathfinder]

Quote Originally Posted by LordErebus12 View Post
    i totally agree with the middle one. slippery when wet added.

anyone thought about the boomerang fins on Zora Link? i cant see them being racial, but what does everyone else think? what would be the statistics of the ability?
    I would make it a racial feat, but ranged natural weapons are weird.

EDIT: Also, I gave them acid resistance because it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by KnightOfV View Post
    * Deku can fire a Deku seed ranged attack as a standard action. DEKU SEED: 1d4 damage, range-30 ft. Feats such as deflect arrows can send the seed back at the Deku. (1rp)
    I'll make it a racial feat. A natural ranged attack is unusual in 3.5 D&D, but probably not too powerful. It's roughly equivalent to an at-will cantrip.

Most or all of the abilities that Link gets in Majora's Mask are unique to that game. They make good racial feats, but they're not the best for PCs.

The Deku hovering ability doesn't work well as a racial feat. It doesn't make sense for dekus to progress to full-blown flight, so I'm not sure how to write a scaling racial feat for it. (A feat for feather fall at early levels is useless at high levels, when falling damage isn't as much of a deal due to hit points and wizards and magic items).

I added a seed spit feat for the deku. I'm thinking about ways to make it scale with energy damage at higher levels.

EDIT: Made its damage scale with level, but it's slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Corwin Icewolf View Post
    Just a thought for the gorons:

Just a boulder, nothing to see here the goron can remain stationary in its rolled form. Whether moving or not, the goron gets a +20 to all disguise checks to look like a big rock while in this form.

Just a random suggestion.
    Good idea. I'll give them camouflage and make it replace the AC bonus.
    Last edited by Thomar_of_Uointer; 2012-08-13 at 02:03 PM.
    I make games.

"...I worry that modern gaming is gradually shrinking the wide spectrum of gameplay mechanics into a single narrow red bar with "KILL" written on it sideways. Exploration, navigation, puzzles, platforming, all gradually shrinking away until only one thing remains, being taken by the hand from room to room, moving on only when nothing remains alive in each one." - Yhatzee Crosshaw