Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
For a flash of a second, some of the spectators may see a vicious grin flash across the face of Pitch, only to disappear as fast as it came. Perhaps it was just a trick of the light?

"Thales, return," he says in an angry voice. "I'll deal with you later."

The new murderer climbs out of the enclosure. "Leader Leia! Wait! I-I'm sorry!" he says, sounding perhaps slightly less torn up than he should. "It was an accident!"

Of course it wasn't an accident. The whole time Pitch had been thinking Kill, kill, kill. While outwardly he had said not to, that didn't change the fact that that was what he had wanted. This was risky. He only needed to win. Killing the Cubchoo was a mistake. He needed to get out of here....

But running would be suspicious. A semblance of a plan formed in his head, Pitch sits down, putting his head in his hands. His body shakes in what may be sobbing, but if somebody were to get close enough they'd hear a low chuckle, barely audible, escaping from the trainer's mouth.
Leia does not say anything, too busy running full speed to the Pokemon Center. As you sit down, the murmurs from the audience grow more intense. You can make out snippets of their discussions. "Can't believe...What is wrong with...Is it actually...What happens now?"

Some time later, the doors to the gym open once again. Leia slowly walks in, without the Cubchoo in her arms. Her face is contorted in grief and sorrow as she walks past you to the back of the gym. She returns to you with a bag of items like she had given Mordecai, but there was no joy in her voice. She merely dropped the items in front of you in silence.

First, a pokedex. Then a pokegear. She pockets the TM instead of giving it to you. She gives you the three potions but holds on to the water. She puts a single pokeball down. "Get out." She makes no motion to take your pokeball with Thales in it away. The crowd is utterly silent. No one dares say a thing until you are gone.