This guy re-wrote the matrix rules in a way I think is pretty cool.
I've mostly just skimmed it, but there are a few important points.

So the problem is that:
1) The hacker's job is more complicated and takes more time than the jobs of the other players
2) The other players have nothing to do while the hacker does his job

Solutions:
1) Make hacking less complicated
2) Have hacking in contexts where the other players will do things

1) Throw out all the stuff about Node topology and different combinations of IC. Forget that noise. When a hacker battles the IC, he is battling the IC. All of it. The sum total of the target system's defenses, whatever stats they may have.

1) Focus on objectives. What are you trying to do? What attribute/skill combo goes for that? Is it opposed or unopposed? Did you succeed? What's the next step?
Make/acquire some reference cards. If you think there are too many steps, remove some. Streamline it.

2) Have hacking during prepwork. The face goes undercover at the target site. The sam chats up his contact, tunes his gear and ware. The mage scouts the astral or consults with spirits or whatever. The rigger takes his drones out of storage, fuels them up, installs a new surveillance system. The hacker digs up all the info they can, maybe steals some data from somewhere else. Everyone's got something to do. If the rules are streamlined, hacking shouldn't require too many more dice-rolls.

2) During combat, hackers target enemy vehicles, drones, smartguns, cyber-limbs (if the enemy is real dumb or the hacker very sneaky). Any device they can connect to that might be useful. If the rules are stream-lined enough and the topology is abstracted then the hacking shouldn't require more dice rolls than the shooting.

You've probably heard all this before, and I've not had much success myself in the realm of running games, so sorry if it isn't useful.