Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
Sandy blinked, and hesitantly uncovered his ears. The...the infernal sound. It'd stopped. He glanced over, seeing his friends still picking themselves up. The other way out of the alley was clear. Maybe he could still get out of-

"Hwoof!" Night Jewel's tackle-pounce-glomp tipped the unfortunate stallion right out of the dumpster, landing on the ground with the foal on top of him. Her "congratulations" did little to improve his mood. As she went on, his ears drooped and he dropped his eyes to the ground, not wanting to look at the friends he'd nearly tricked. "Y-yeah. Hooray for me an' all that."

Well, the game was up, and now he just felt like manure for the whole thing. "S...sorry I ran. An' hid. An' made th' fake trail." he offered weakly.
"Oh, Sandy, no need to apologize to me. That was the most fun I've had in a good while! After all, it's not often I get to match wits with somepony." Night Jewel grinned and leapt off him. "I'm proud of you. You're showing backbone and cleverness. You didn't like what you were getting into, so you got out of it.

"Now, I know you broke your word and upset those two,"
she continued, gesturing at Gearstride and Silverpine, "but you're not the only one who should be ashamed. You were being pressured, and you didn't want to be. They should apologize to you as much as you should apologize to them."