Quote Originally Posted by polity4life View Post
And you have become my favorite Cowboys fan.
Probably because I'm not in Dallas. Or even the US.

I can't think of a team that wouldn't take Murray. I keep forgetting about him and he is quality. And perhaps I was a bit hard on the wide receiving corps. I'll leave my opinion of Dez's eligibility to play this year out of the conversation, but I'm sure you can guess where I stand on the matter.
Dez and Miles are two good receivers that can get the ball when it's thrown in their general area. I just saw the highlights from the Chargers pre-season game and saw the catch at the back of the end zone by Dez. That was a spectacular catch, if only he'd have landed in bounds.
A very bad loss for the receiving corps in Dallas was when Laurent Robinson left. He played really well last season, but I don't blame him for moving on, since Miles and Dez are the two starters. Would have been nice to still have Robinson on the roster, though when/if either Dez or Miles goes down with an injury, as they have had a tendency to do the past few seasons.

Romo however is almost as over-rated as Roethlisberger in favor of Ben as he has and can win still. I won't bring up the record down the regular season stretch but he seems to make terrible errors at the worst times with enough frequency to raise eyebrows.
Romo is not as good as the press in Dallas seem to think, but he's still in, or hovering close to the top 10 starters in the league. Obviously below Rodgers, Brady, Brees and the Mannings, but still in the same general area as Roethlisberger, Rivers, Stafford, Newton, Schaub and Smith.

I agree that he makes silly mistakes at inopportune times, but a lot of that has to do with him trying to get something to happen when something needs to happen.

Let's take the game against the Lions last year.

I will admit again that I am a Detroit Lions fan. I was pleased as punch that the Lions came from behind in the fourth quarter to win. However, I would be absolutely dishonest if I said the Lions had any business winning that game. The Cowboys had that game locked and if not for the defense, namely the pass defense, and Romo throwing inopportune picks, Detroit would have had a very different season.
Ugh.. Don't remind me of that game. I watched it live, and it was brutal to see that collapse. Especially against the Lions.

I've wondered if coaching is a problem with the 'Boys. I think Rob Ryan is a bit of a blow-hard clown like his brother and isn't nearly as talented (of course I think Rex isn't that talented either, so that should be telling). What are the perceptions of the coaches in Dallas?
I have no idea what the feeling is of the coaches in Dallas. Since I live in Scotland, I tend to not read the local Dallas news, and obviously, the Cowboys home page won't say anything bad about them, so I don't know.