Okay, now that the move-in's over with, I have some time to judge people. First, SaintRidley:

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
...all I've got to say about that is "every time you shorten magazine into 'zine', I have to fight a tiger to death"

And those are ENDAGERED you know.
NOW SHE HAS TO KILL A TIGER. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE.
Anyway, now I'll judge poems .seriously though, nice job getting in the magazine.

Prompt 1:
Spoiler
Show
Haruki:
Spoiler
Show
Genius. The four line stanzas, half reward and half punishment, werea nice structural outline to the elegant phrasing and beautiful concept. The story here is great, and you tell it well.

TechWarrior:
Spoiler
Show
Beautifully poignant, sir. The wistful speaker's pained remembrance of a loved one resonates deeply with me, and your words stir the soul.

Verdict:
Spoiler
Show
grah, you guys made this hard. I love both of your poems so much... but I have to give this one to Haruki, by just a hair.

Prompt 2:
Spoiler
Show
The Grimmace:
Spoiler
Show
...wow. You really don't write to be understood, do you? I think I eventually got this one though, so I can effectively judge it. I feel like this is sort of a processing of the picture, a mental deconstruction done through stream-of-consciousness and free association. Somehow, I like it. I can't quite put my finger on it, but there's a certain aesthetic appeal here that sort of grabs me. Well done.

Weezer:
Spoiler
Show
Much like your last, this is both short and sweet. Seriously, I love how efficiently you manage to evoke powerful emotions and capture the essence of the prompt.

Verdict:
Spoiler
Show
Again, you guys made this difficult. However, since I have to make a decision... Weezer.

Prompt 3:
Spoiler
Show
SaintRidley:
Spoiler
Show
Neatly done. You gave us a clear, living picture of a motorcycle, without ever using the word "motorcycle". How do I put this... you showed us what it was, rather than telling us. Also, I don't know if it was intentional or not, but the play on "Ridley" to "Riddle" was fun as well.

leakingpen:
Spoiler
Show
Man, it sucks that you forgot. Don't feel too bad, though, everyone forgets things sometimes.

Verdict:
Spoiler
Show
SaintRidley, by default.

Prompt 4:
Spoiler
Show
Garwain:
Spoiler
Show
Well, I definitely enjoy the story you tell here, but dear LORD do I ever not understand how you got that poem from that prompt. Other than that, though, it was beautiful.

Silviya:
Spoiler
Show
Sadly, sometimes life just does that. *hugs*

Verdict:
Spoiler
Show
Garwain by default.