Alright, judgement time.

Prompt 1:
Spoiler
Show
Techwarrior:
Spoiler
Show
Subject isn't exactly novel, but it was handled in an excellent, wistful manner that keeps it from feeling derivative. Picturing the tree as the grave of a loved one was an interesting way to interpret the poem. I loved the bits about "dancing in the eye of the storm" and a "wayward china soul". Overall, a wonderful, resonant poem.

Haruki:
Spoiler
Show
Very interesting. Some of the poem seems to depict the tree as some capricious deity, saving its chosen ones while letting the others burn. The latter bits of the poem seem to almost be an adaptation of those rags-to-riches folktales in which the protagonist, after achieving power and wealth, shares it only with those who helped him when he was poor. Very well done.

Verdict:
Spoiler
Show
Difficult decision, but I'm going with Techwarrior.

Prompt 2:
Spoiler
Show
Weezer:
Spoiler
Show
A nice poem, describing the timelessness of photography in a poetic manner. However, it feels to me a bit... cliched, like I've read it before. It's well done, but I can't help but feel like it needs something more to set it apart from the crowd.

The Grimmace:
Spoiler
Show
Amazing. Through the joint use of metaphors, literalism, and wonderful imagery, you have described a camera and the scenes it contains in a truly original manner. If I provided a list of every bit of your poem I loved, it would make this review twice as long as the others. It made me think, it made me smile, it made me write this hopelessly gushing review. Truly brilliant.

Verdict:
Spoiler
Show
The Grimmace.

Prompt 3:
Spoiler
Show
SaintRidley:
Spoiler
Show
Even if you had competition, I'm pretty sure this poem would get you to the semifinals anyway. The nicely done imagery and touches of anthroporphism form a great depiction of the soul, if you will, of a motorcycle. It also seems a bit, um... double entendre-ish, which may or may not have been your intention from the beginning. Overall great.

Leakingpen:
Spoiler
Show
Being forgetful doesn't mean you suck, it just means you're disqualified.

Verdict:
Spoiler
Show
SaintRidley, by default. Again.

Prompt 4:
Spoiler
Show
Garwain:
Spoiler
Show
*looks at poem* Ah, very nice, very nice. *looks at prompt* OK, how on earth are these supposed to be related? That said, your poem is quite good, capturing both the potent love for one's firstborn and the pain caused by seeing them grow up with another.

Silviya:
Spoiler
Show
I'm sorry you missed this. It was due to factors beyond your control, though, so don't beat yourself up over it, OK? Disqualified.
Verdict:
Spoiler
Show
Garwain, by default. Again.