Quote Originally Posted by Form View Post
Hate-sex/angry-sex sounds like an interesting concept. I'm curious as to what it would feel like.

I think it's something I should try one day if I ever get the chance.
Unintentionally (at the moment), of course.

Whelp, it looks like I'll be going on a first date of sorts tomorrow evening. I know this girl from back in high school and archery competitions and talked with her a few times back then about those things and anime, which we both like to watch. A few months ago she added me on Facebook and I didn't recognize her at first, since it's been 4 years since then and I didn't really hang out with her at school back then. I accepted her friend request because I saw she was a friend of my old Physics teacher and thus knew she was from the same highschool, so I figured "eh, prolly know her then, somehow". My memory is like a sieve and drops things pretty easily, but I at least knew she wasn't from my year, as I remembered everyone from my year. Nothing much happened until we ended up having an actual, somewhat long conversation in which at some point I had a big "OH YOU'RE THAT PERSON" moment.

Turns out we had both been to the Elf Fantasy Fair, the biggest fantasy fair in Europe, several times, managing to avoid one another since we always went on different days. So we ended up occassionally talking some more, before I finally met her again at my birthday party, where she stayed and we talked until after 3 AM. (Some other people also stayed around for longer, but by 2 AM they had gone to bed in the office room we had prepared for that for people who came from far away.) She convinced me to come along to an anime convention called Abunai, which we went to last weekend (me, her and her brother came along as well on Saturday and Sunday), after which we again ended up talking until late, sitting outside with some lemon candles lit to stave off mosquitos. The weekend before that we had watched some anime together at her house and also ended up talking very late (talking more than watching), and a few days after we had agreed to do that she invited me to have dinner with her family before watching anime on the day we agreed to.

So during the weekend at the con on the first day, when it was just the two of us, it turned out she hadn't seen the movie Brave yet, which she had been going on for a month that she wanted to see very much. I told her, "it's done then, we're going to see that next week, okay?" Then this Tuesday she contacts me on Facebook, telling me all the nearby theaters only have it in Dutch (and all but one in 3D). Long story short, we're going to take a detour to the city I went to university at until recently to watch the original, in 2D.

Oh yeah, I should probably add to this that I recently quit my studies I've been doing for 4 years and will be working for the next year to gather up enough funds to get back into a different study. I found that rather hard to get over at first, because I had just gotten the feeling I fit right into the bunch there, even if nearly everyone was quite different from me.

Which is why I'm rather glad that I've gained her as a new friend, though at the same time I also cannot help but wonder where this will be going. In some ways she's quite different from me, but aside from school stuff, taste in anime and taste in some foods, I don't really know her quite well yet. Plus, on the one hand I wouldn't want to lose her as a friend, since now I'm prettymuch back to a handful or two (barring LARP activities, which are few and far between) and I enjoy company a lot, albeit sparingly sometimes. On the other hand, I kinda get the feeling there may be something more here, but I'm rather bad at sensing that (the last time I met a girl who had feelings for me I didn't know until she told me, which was right after I told her I had feelings for her).

Anyway, right now I'm just keeping my fingers crossed I can get a better job than the one I got right now for the coming year, and maybe get Saturday the 15th off so I can go to the next Elf Fantasy Fair. I know my two best friends won't be going, but I may be able to convince some of the others from my regular DnD group. Or maybe I'll end up going together with her, who knows.

At the very least, I know I'll be enjoying the movie Brave tomorrow in good company.

Too bad for my DnD group that means DnD is scheduled for Saturday, meaning one or two of them are disabled from being present.

[/rant?over]