View Single Post

Thread: OOTS #862 - The Discussion Thread

1. - Top - End - #210
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: OOTS #862 - The Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mantine View Post
    So, after having just said that it's not the individual things themselves that feel wrong, but the overall coincidence of all of them right then when they were most needed, and yet again you pick and explain one of those to me?

Even after having already said this,

Which pretty clearly states how anything can be explained some way or the other, but that doesn't automatically make it believable and plausible?

Tl;dr What do I care if it's "adequately explained by the comic itself"?
    You could give me Xykon blasted to bits by the Enterprise and spend one month's worth of strips to explain how Kirk got there... but that doesn't mean I would buy it.
    No, I think a month's worth of clear and coherent strips would get anyone to buy that the enterprise really did just blow up Xykon. Whether or not it may be "believable" isn't the issue... the real issue is how satisfying the story is.

But speaking of the latest "ass pull" by Tarquin, I have already mentioned how I believe closer ties to the drow were hinted when he said he was sending them gift baskets due to him knowing about Drizz't impersonating an elf ambassador.
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2012-08-31 at 10:37 PM.