True. But all I said was that "I'd greatly appreciate it" if I didn't have to worry about spoilers every time I look in this thread. It's hardly my fault that Australia is a week behind on broadcasts, and I'm sure I'm not the only Australian poster here in the same situation. The comment was made that spoilers weren't needed because the episode had already aired everywhere, and I pointed out that this wasn't the case before remarking that it's better off for me if there were spoilers.

After making this (fairly polite, I thought) observation, I was told to "suck it up" and that the few seconds of extra inconvenience when posting is so much that my opinion, along with common courtesy, becomes irrelevant.

Asking the whole thread to be spoilered is too much, you're right. And if people stop using spoiler tags, it probably won't cause me to die - I'll just have to risk the occasional spoilers if I want to talk to folks on the internet about a show that I like, or else make a point of getting hold of the episodes early. But there had to have been politer ways of telling me so. I think I'm within my rights to be a little bit insulted right now.