Quote Originally Posted by sirpercival View Post
Lol.

I'm trying to figure out what to do with Distract. That's the one that's just better than Stand Still... I'm happy to replace it with something else, but I haven't decided what.
Hey man, laugh if you want, but I'm not kidding. If, whenever a martial character is presented with the chance to take a feat, they go, "****, I can take 10 different feats right now and all of them are perfect and amazing for my build," that is awesome, in my opinion. They are Fighters and they deserve nice things.

Now, you and other people are saying that Distract is just "better" than Stand Still, and in many ways it is, and it's just one option of this feat. However, Stand Still can be taken at 1st level and doesn't require Intimidate ranks or an Intimidate check. It doesn't even require Combat Reflexes. I don't know that calling it better is a fair comparison to make.

Also, I'm of the opinion that, while Stand Still is a pretty good feat (compared to other feats that martial characters are able to take), it is still not good enough. Hence my own straight up improvement of it in the Codex of War (although even mine requires BAB +3).