View Single Post

Thread: OOTS #862 - The Discussion Thread

1. - Top - End - #439
    Bugbear in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: OOTS #862 - The Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Stella View Post
    Yay!
    How about Tarquin catching the arrow, in accordance with the game rules and the Snatch Arrows feat, and in accordance with "the plan". Which is to say, Tarquin catching the arrow because he can.
    Obviously Tarquin caught the arrow because he could — I'm not sure what you're saying.

As I've said ad nauseam, one possibility is that Tarquin caught an arrow that was going to hit him, as the Snatch Arrows rules technically say. Another is that Rich used (or didn't care enough to care about) the common house-ruled version of Snatch Arrows that says you can catch an arrow even if it is going to miss you because of your armor. I'm open to either possibility; you're only open to the former, it seems.

I think we've both said everything we have to say several times. Since you've shown no interest in engaging with the bulk of my posts I'm going to call this discussion, or at least my part of it, over.

To the folks who corrected my earlier point about Haley possibly not aiming for Tarquin: Yes, going back and looking at the comic, it was clear that she did indeed aim for Tarquin specifically. My later posts incorporated that correction, but I never explicitly acknowledged the error.
    Last edited by jere7my; 2012-09-10 at 08:36 PM.