1. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: The Covenant (Halo) vs The Grand Imperium of Man (Warhammer 40k)

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    Now consider the fact that Guardsmen are considered expendable, and it is the tactic of Guard commanders to drown their opponents in bodies. Also consider the fact that the Guard has access to the best tanks in the setting.
    I think that's a point worth considering right there.

Everyone here has played Halo right? Remember how you are pretty much invincible every time you hop in a Scorpion? That's why the levels with them are so few and far between, because as long as you're in the tank, the only thing that's even remotely a threat to you is a Scarab.

Now consider that the Scorpion looks like the equivalent of those early WWI rolling canons compared to the Leman Russ, whole fleets of which can be deployed by even modest Imperial Guard Legions.

So, if Master Chief in a Scorpion can plow through entire Covenant battalions, I think it's pretty safe to say that a lone Baneblade could wade through a Covenant army like so much shallow water.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    TL;DR, yeah. TOTAL blowout. Honestly I think all the Imperium needs to wipe out the Covvies are a Battlefleet and a few Guard regiments. If the Astartes get involved, let's just say Khorne will be pleased.
    If I'm crunching the numbers right, a couple of Imperial Guard regiments should work out to at least a 100,000 soldiers, and upwards of half a million if the planetary governors and sector commanders deem such numbers necessary. Complimented by a Battlefleet of between 50 and 75 capital and support ships . . . You know, I could be convinced that the Covenant could maybe take an Imperial Sector if they caught them unprepared or under-strength.

But as you said, it is at that point that the Adeptus Astartes will almost certainly be called in, and with them comes death on swift wings.
    Last edited by ChaosLord29; 2012-09-12 at 02:50 PM.
    Favorite Things Mr. Welch can't do during an RPG:
    • My monk's lips must be in sync.
    • Collateral Damage Man is not an appropriate concept for a super hero.
    • No longer allowed to recreate the Death Star Trench Run out of genre.
    • When accepting a challenge for a duel, I must allow the other guy time to find a pistol.
    • Check the door means to listen at it, not put several rounds through it.
    • We will not implement any plan that includes the words "And hope they miss a lot"