Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
Silverpine glanced his own flared wings and cringed a little. "Uhh... yeah... umm... I think we need a private moment for these..." He quickly dragged Sandy out from under the table, wings and all, and into a convenient bush nearby. He propped Sandy the right way up and gave a nervous chuckle. "So, yeah. Umm, you could try dumping cold water over yourself. That always helps... though it won't be helping much if you keep thinking about... yeah." Turned out, Silverpine still managed to retain a vestige of his former reluctance for PDAs, despite Gearstride's best efforts.
"How d'you stop thinkin' about it?" Poor Sandy rubbed his temples, eyes shut tight. "Oh ponyfeathers, that ain't leavin' 'till th' day I die is it?"

This was no time to be in a bush licking his wounds, there were speed-dates to be had! Mares to swoon! Although the amount of swooning had been significantly less than advertised, but that just meant he had to try harder! The little stallion shook himself out of his stupor and gulped down a few deep breaths. "Alright, alright, I'm tryin' t'focus, I'm tryin' t'focus...maybe that cold water sounds good right about now. We have any?" Just beyond their bush, behind Sandy, one could see the town fountain a short ways away, with its cool, refreshing water splashing at full blast.