1. - Top - End - #1210
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Relationship Woes and Advice 22: In Which Two Problems Prevent Each Others' Solut

Quote Originally Posted by snoopy13a View Post
    I'm not sure if she's stringing you along. "The world sucks" rant sounds like she might be depressed. It could also be a passive rejection*. Did you ask her for the second date at the end of the first date? If so, she may have agreed with to the second date to avoid conflict.
    No, the time I asked her out for the second date was well after the first. And I think you're probably right about her being depressed, but I still don't like being treated that way and still think it's rude. And even so, I'd still expect some sort of apology or explanation later on.

* Passive rejection is when, in the initial dating period, a person doesn't explicity say she doesn't want to stop dating but rather postpones dates or says that she is busy. The idea is that the other person will get the hint and stop asking them out. People sometimes complain about this as a technique, but it is no really no different than not asking someone for a second date when you didn't like the first date.
    I think it's very different. I consider it a pretty bad way to handle this sort of thing, at least when a second date has already been agreed upon. What's going on with me and her right now I do consider stringing along.
    Last edited by Form; 2012-09-13 at 01:24 PM.