1. - Top - End - #69
    Bugbear in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Default Re: GitP Dwarf Fortress Succession Game 4: Dwarves on Patrol

8th of Malachite: Mirgrants! Six of them. We had to game opening up the walls, but the undead reindeer had moved on to haunt other areas, and it was a simple matter to dispatch the few zombie birds that were pestering the dwarves who had come to join us. Once they were safely underground again, we sealed ourselves off.

Spoiler
    Show

2nd of Limestone. Work has proceeded apace on the expansion of the living areas, the tunnel to the surface, and most fortunately of all, farms. Sand was found while carving out the tunnel for the wagons, and farm plots were placed. Food shall no longer be a worry, but drink is another matter. Our stocks have run low, and I am worried that we will be without drink until the first harvest comes in and gives us food to brew. If the situation gets too dire, I will order the caverns opened so that we can survive on water until more alcohol can be brewed.

5th of Sandstone. A second cavern layer was breached in an exploratory shaft, this one without giant cave spiders, water, or the undead corpses that we had tossed into the first. We have struck our first metal ore: cobaltine. While it will be good for making crafts and furniture, it will be of no use for the most important of works; armour and weaponry. We have been without booze for a week now. We tighten our belts, but I have not yet gotten so thirty and desperate as to risk the cavern.

Spoiler
    Show

ooc: okay, so everyone who is posting in the thread has been named and we have plenty of dorfs left over. I am going to continue my turn tomorrow, and see if I can keep us from dieing of thirst. yeah, an undead raven got the ear early on when everyone but the miners and one hauler were on guard to fight undead while we evacuated the wagon stuff underground.
    Last edited by iyaerP; 2012-09-13 at 10:42 PM.
    Claspedchurches: This is a mudstone dwarven fortress. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encrusted with bauxite, studded with ice, decorated with gold, and adorned with hanging rings of magma. This fortress menaces with spikes of steel, iron, bronze, and silver. On the fortress is an image of an image of cheese in pitchblende.

On the fortress is an image of a megaweapon in gold, silver, jet, obsidian and adamantine. The goblins are burning.